PRN Vascular Sonographer - No Eves/Wknds!
New Frontier Mobile Diagnostics is seeking a PRN Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) capable of performing vascular and wound care sonography studies as part of NFMD’s compassionate, on-site care for patients in senior and disability care facilities. Additional consideration will be given to those candidates that can also perform general sonography procedures, such as soft tissue/organ studies. We want passionate, long-term employees, and this role is likely to grow into a full-time position as the company grows. We’re investing in solid technology, processes, and a focus on employee engagement and interaction. We’ll take the roadblocks out of your way, and let you get back to your passion of helping people. The Ultrasound Technologist performs all tasks necessary to provide onsite quality patient care, including knowledge of Basic Life Support (BLS). Knowledge of patient scheduling software, onsite patient intake, HIPAA-compliance, and proper equipment maintenance knowledge is a must. Technology support will be provided, but you should be adequately comfortable with the use of technology in a variety of environments and situations. This role has a competitive hourly wage and is for individuals that can work PRN hours during weekdays, between 7am and 7pm. No evenings, nights, or weekends are involved, and your schedule will be set during standard business hours. “On call” services only happen during the 7a-7p window, and only for “stat” procedures. We want people who work smart, providing quality care while maintaining a balance of lifestyle and profitability. While part time to start, NFMD imagines this role will grow into a full-time position, with a highly competitive compensation package and career path, for the right individual. If you’re interested in starting a role where you’re encouraged and rewarded for the passion you bring to care, contact NFMD today. We think you’ll like working with us.
- Provides high-quality, compassionate care to seniors and individuals with disabilities.
- Produces quality diagnostic ultrasound images by using proper equipment technique and technical factors.
- Performs all ultrasound procedures according to practice policies.
- Provides onsite patient intake, accommodates patient privacy, positions and transfers patients for exams.
- Secures and restocks supplies as necessary.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of all equipment and practice property.
- Practices sterile technique to prevent any contamination.
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Lead Ultrasound Technologist.
- If necessary and prescribed, assists physicians in performing invasive procedures, being responsible for checking necessary lab work pre-exam.
- Understands and utilizes practice software platforms and procedures, troubleshoots problems with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level. Maintains adequate records per practice policies.
- Follows AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) at all times. Cooperates with all associates in proper conduct of the practice.
- Follows the “NFMD Scope of Practice and Clinical Standards” guidelines, per practice policy.
- Maintains ethical, professional relationships.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled monthly practice meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
- Punctuality, adequate transportation, and responsibility are required.
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- Required: 3+ Years as Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)
- Preferred: Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer-Abdominal (RDMS-AB), Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer-OB/GYN (RDMS-OB/GYN), and/or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS)
- BLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Proficiency in EMR, Scheduling, PACS, and other common practice systems
- Drive to perform for patients and partners
- Location – Kansas or Missouri, portable equipment used at network facilities, could include rural travel, mileage paid
- Shift – Hours limited to 7a-7p, M-F ; Part-time, flexible based on clinic contracts, life balance
- Pay – Anticipated at $40-50 per hour, based on number and scope of procedures. This position will likely grow into a W2 role with benefits as the practice grows.
- Dependable transportation and commitment to timeliness required.