New Frontier Mobile Diagnostics is seeking an Ultrasound Technologist interested in providing compassionate, on-site care for patients in senior and disability care facilities.
We want passionate, long-term employees that are willing to grow with a fast-paced startup. We know that happy, motivated employees make for satisfied patients, so we’re building the practice around solid technology, processes, and a focus employee engagement and interaction. We’ll take the roadblocks out of your way, and let you get back to your passion of helping people.
Using GE Vivid portable ultrasounds, the Ultrasound Technologist performs a variety of diagnostic medical sonography procedures as prescribed by a physician, with interpretation performed by a Radiologist from our partner company.
It is anticipated that the majority of procedures will be vascular or soft-tissue abdominal scans, although we have the equipment to support other procedures such as Echo, MSK and OB/GYN services. The Ultrasound Technologist may need to set up and assist in invasive procedures when ultrasound is used as a guidance tool, as requested by a physician.
Knowledge of patient scheduling software, onsite patient intake, HIPAA-compliance, and proper equipment maintenance knowledge is a must. The Ultrasound Technologist performs all tasks necessary to provide onsite quality patient care, including knowledge of Basic Life Support (BLS). Technology support will be provided, but you should be adequately comfortable with the use of technology in a variety of environments and situations.
The ideal Ultrasound Technologist should be self-motivated and independent, understanding the procedural side of the practice while being willing to work with management to learn the business side. We’ll help you set a schedule to your liking, and pay mileage to network facilities.
We want people who work smart, providing quality care while maintaining a balance of lifestyle and profitability.
- Provides high-quality, compassionate care to seniors and individuals with disabilities.
- Produces quality diagnostic ultrasound images by using proper equipment technique and technical factors.
- Performs all ultrasound procedures according to practice policies.
- Provides onsite patient intake, accommodates patient privacy, positions and transfers patients for exams.
- Secures and restocks supplies as necessary.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of all equipment and practice property.
- Practices sterile technique to prevent any contamination.
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Chief Medical Officer.
- If necessary and prescribed, assists physicians in performing invasive procedures, being responsible for checking necessary lab work pre-exam.
- Understands and utilizes practice software platforms and procedures, troubleshoots problems with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level.
- Maintains adequate records per practice policies.
- Follows AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) at all times.
- Cooperates with all associates in proper conduct of the practice.
- Follows the “NFMD Scope of Practice and Clinical Standards” guidelines, per practice policy.
- Maintains ethical, professional relationships.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled monthly practice meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
- Punctuality, adequate transportation, and responsibility are required.
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- Required: Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) and/or Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer-Abdominal (RDMS)
- Preferred: Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS)
- BLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Proficiency in EMR, Scheduling, PACS, and other common practice systems
- Drive to perform for patients and partners
- Location – Kansas or Missouri, portable equipment used at network facilities, could include rural travel, mileage paid
- Shift – Flexible based on clinic contracts, life balance
- Pay – Anticipated at $35-50 per hour, based on number and scope of procedures. This is contract-to-hire position that will grow into a W2 role with benefits as the practice grows.
- Dependable transportation and commitment to timeliness required.
To apply, send an email with your resume to email@example.com.