New Frontier Mobile Diagnostics is seeking a Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist interested in providing compassionate, on-site care for patients in senior and disability care facilities.
We want passionate, long-term employees that are willing to grow with a fast-paced startup that knows happy, motivated employees make for satisfied patients. We may not have all the bells and whistles, yet, but we’re building the practice around solid employee engagement and interaction. We’ll take the roadblocks out of your way, and let you get back to your passion of helping people.
Using GE Vivid portable ultrasounds, the Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist performs a variety of diagnostic medical sonography procedures as prescribed by a physician, either with interpretation back to the prescribing physician or for interpretation by a Radiologist.
NFMD has partnered with a leading, regional cardiology physicians group, and it is anticipated that the majority of procedures will be echocardiograms, although we have the equipment to support other procedures such as Vascular, MSK and OB/GYN services. The Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist may need to set up and assist in invasive procedures when ultrasound is used as a guidance tool, as requested by a physician.
Knowledge of patient scheduling software, onsite patient intake, HIPAA-compliance, and proper equipment maintenance knowledge is a must. The Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist performs all tasks necessary to provide onsite quality patient care, including knowledge of Basic Life Support (BLS). Technology support will be provided, but you should be adequately comfortable with the use of technology in a variety of environments and situations.
The ideal Cardiac Ultrasound Technologist should be self-motivated and independent, understanding the procedural side of the practice while being willing to work with management to learn the business side. This opportunity could include ownership, for the right individual.
We’ll help you set a schedule to your liking, and pay mileage to network facilities. If you have physicians you would like to work with, great, but NFMD will be primarily responsible for securing network partners.
We want people who work smart, providing quality care while maintaining a balance of lifestyle and profitability.
- Provides high-quality, compassionate care to seniors and individuals with disabilities.
- Produces quality diagnostic ultrasound images by using proper equipment technique and technical factors.
- Performs all ultrasound procedures according to practice policies.
- Provides onsite patient intake, accommodates patient privacy, positions and transfers patients for exams.
- Secures and restocks supplies as necessary.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of all equipment and practice property.
- Practices sterile technique to prevent any contamination.
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Chief Medical Officer.
- If necessary and prescribed, assists physicians in performing invasive procedures, being responsible for checking necessary lab work pre-exam.
- Understands and utilizes practice software platforms and procedures, troubleshoots problems with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level.
- Maintains adequate records per practice policies.
- Follows AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) at all times.
- Cooperates with all associates in proper conduct of the practice.
- Follows the “NFMD Scope of Practice and Clinical Standards” guidelines, per practice policy.
- Maintains ethical, professional relationships.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled monthly practice meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
- Punctuality, adequate transportation, and responsibility are required.
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- Required: Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS)
- Preferred: Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) and/or Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer-Abdominal (RDMS)
- BLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Proficiency in EMR, Scheduling, PACS, and other common practice systems
- Drive to perform for patients and partners
- Location – Kansas or Missouri, portable equipment used at network facilities, could include rural travel, mileage paid
- Shift – Flexible based on clinic contracts, life balance
- Pay – Anticipated at $25-40 per hour, based on number and scope of procedures. This is a 1099 position with variable compensation, but will likely grow into a W2 role with benefits as the practice grows.
- Dependable transportation and commitment to timeliness required.
New Frontier Mobile Diagnostics brings compassionate care closer to seniors and individuals with disabilities. Our team uses high-quality portable medical equipment to bring diagnostic tools to clinics, skilled nursing facilities, and long-term care facilities, minimizing the need to transport patients for non-critical care, improving patient-to-provider communication and symptomatic information, and increasing the likelihood of early diagnosis of conditions.
With New Frontier Mobile Diagnostics, patients get the care they need, when and where they need it.
New Frontier Mobile Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
To apply, send an email with your resume to email@example.com.